Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our Historic House


Grace and greetings.
This is a picture of our house, which has an historic flavor to it. It was brought up by barge in pieces in the 1920, purchased through the Sears Roebuck and Company. The house is now one of the historic buildings in Barrow, so by definition, the outside cannot be changed; though they have worked on the inside, completely redoing parts of the house. Though there is some insulation in the walls, (I hope), I know the insulation in the attic is a layer of gravel. This summer I hope to put some other insulation up there.
As you look at the house, the upstairs window on the left hand side is the master bedroom; but according to stories, it is called the Lindbergh room, or Charlie's room. I guess that Charles Lindbergh was a friend of the pastor's at one time in his flying career, and when ever he flew to Barrow and spent the night, he stayed in that room.
The car you can see in back of the house is the church Ford Expedition, which is for me to use during my time up here. As you can see by the mileage post, the manse is very close to the church, and when it is -50 with wind chill, it is nice to run quickly between buildings, rather than having to travel far.
Well, I have to get back to work. Until next time.
Peace and blessings.

No comments: