Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Getting Caught Up

Grace and greetings.

Like the picture to the left, I am trying to get up on something high so I can see the landscape; in my case, it is getting caught up with my blogging. Friday night I asked for some help but did not get any replies; I do not know if that means nobody wears hearing aids, or no body has been reading my blog. Either way, if you wear hearing aids and have a preference to "In the Ear" or "Behind the Ear", please let me know.

I talked with my father last night to wish him a happy birthday, and he commented that they had not been able to pull up my blog since December, I hope they are able to get it now.

In our book club at the local library, we have read two books since I last commented on our book selection. The first book that we read for January was Tracy Kidder's book, "Mountains Beyond Mountains"; it is about the real life story of Paul Farmer and his work through the hospital he helped build up in Haiti. Though it deals with more than just his life there, I admit that I have not finished the book yet, but it is now on my list to do so.

The other book is called "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young. It is a story of one man's journey to heal following the violent death of his young daughter. It is a book that started making its way through churches and other book groups last year, many loving the book; others were put off by it. I enjoyed the book, and would encourage you to read it. It presents God in a different light than a lot of people are use to. For me, it forced me to look at how I looked at God as well; it is a book that is worth passing on to others.

Peace and blessings.

No comments: