Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day again

Grace and greetings.

We have made it to our second Labor Day here on the North Slope. It is overcast and cold here in Barrow. While my wife is still dealing with her respiratory fun, I came down with my own stuffed up head and sinuses. I thought I would start to share a few of my pictures from our trip south.

While we were in the Denali Park, we came upon this caribou during the bus ride. Of course the buck was facing the wrong way the majority of the time, then quickly looked up, then returning to his feeding. How I was able to get this shot, I am not sure, but here it is.

In other news that broke today, Sarah Palin's daughter is pregnant. Of course the Republicans are saying that the Democrats forced their hand in announcing it. Regardless of how and why it was announced, I think Obama summed it up correctly, "Family, especially children are out of bounds". Which of course the National News service is raising it every few minutes. Drop it all ready.

We will see how things fall out in the near future. Hope your Labor Day was restful.

Peace and blessings.

1 comment:

Tyme said...

The next big catfish bait I would try would be some bullheads or small catfish. Gold will accumulate in body tissues over time and can cause damage to bone marrow, the liver and the kidneys. An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass to keep from falling off the earth. Players are represented by a large cartoon graphic in the a small cartoon sprite in the pitching/hitting view, and by small graphical sprites in the fielding/baserunning view.