Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Inconvenient Truth

Grace and greetings.

I finally saw the movie, "An Inconvenient Truth" with Al Gore and all. It is a very compelling argument for where we are headed as far as the environment is concerned.

I am not sure where most people stand, I am sure that most are very concerned what is happening. I have commented through this blog as the the changes happening here in the Arctic that we can witness.

It is a fact that the ice is melting sooner in the year, and the open water is still around later and later each year. The air temperature is also rising here. Though we have severe cold, it is not lasting as long as it has in the past. Instead of sub -20 below weather for several months, now it is only for two maybe three months.

February is usually the coldest month, not only for the temperature, but also psychologically as well. The sun has returned, and our minds expect things to get warmer, but instead it still takes several weeks before it finally happens.

If you have not had a chance to see the movie, "An Inconvenient Truth", I recommend that you see it. Then after it is all said and done, you can act upon the information or not. For me, I am going to be aware, trying to do my small part.

Peace and blessings.

No comments: